join our growing grassroots community of founders, investors, and advisors at www.startupstudygroup.com/slack
contact: charles jo 650.906.2600 – twitter @charlesjo
- A member proposed a very interesting idea by email. Hoping he announces it soon to group as it may help all of us.
- Feedback on ssg daily is always welcome and encouraged. Every feedback will be reviewed and considered — for now while our membership #s are in 3 digits. Reminder: members can edit the daily at http://bit.ly/ssg-daily throughout the day. Distribution is around 9:30pm PST.
- Mission: Create the best grassroots startup community of founders, investors, advisors helping each other to succeed.
- How can ssg be better?
- member blogs March 14, 2015 was 3.
- contributions to editing — n/a; (members always invited to edit)
- almost at 200 members.
- 194 members; 145 on Slack.
- Blogs today by members? 3.
- 1000 members by June 2015; be the best startup community, period.
- 8 blogs/day means
- see #metrics channel on Slack.
- alliances and partners?
- rally support around
ideas to consider
- Slack has been fantastic for global instant communication tool but explore alternatives for video conferences, demos, pitches, etc.
- Student chapters at universities. Nothing too burdensome/bureaucratic but rather super-lean.
- Best blogging practices (beyond nagging) and distribution channels.
- Fantasy Founders Game
- value of blogging; fantasy founders game for blogging founders vs. nah. – started 3/12/15. Terrence YC vs Charles (draft founders who blog: picks Adam, Darryl, Jonas, Chris, Shane)
member blogs today- highlight blogs from ssg members; please read, engage, tweet… https://twitter.com/semil/status/576993970229673984
previous member blogs –
- What the hell is happening? by Jonas Daniels
- Startup CTO equity by Scott McGregor
- On Integrity and Buckets by Charles Jo
- Highlights Are a Big Deal by Sergio Romo @sromo16
- Tumblr Blog by Terrence Yang
- How to prevent your co-founder from stealing your company by Josh Maher
- Friday rant by Charles Jo – technically a half free-style tweetstorm
- Misnomers about Angel Investing by Josh Maher
- Think before Disrupting by Alan Daniel
- Some Thoughts on Meerkats by Tom Maxwell
- 10 Things Startups and Local Bands Should Avoid Screwing Up On – by Adam Marx
- Bootstrapping by Charles Jo
interesting notes from SSG Slack & elsewhere (books, etc.) See #books section on Slack.
- ssg labs – started 3/4/15
- explore ideas within group
- edition times – 9:30pm PST (initially 3/4/15)
- create easier invite and onboarding than www.startupstudygroup.com/slack (initially 3/4/15)
← WeAreLATech is using a TypeForm page to onboard to their slack channel. See: wearelatech.com/vip
- 10 minutes to process…
- better format for website, more content/context
- save also as pdf editions – done
- theme song to newsletter by one of Adam Marx’s @adammarx13 awesome bands; maybe cycle thru his bands?
- invite more tech/startup bloggers
- automate this newsletter (by @costrike)
- virtual pitches in future. Google Hangouts -> Yahoo stream. 40 minutes Total next time.
- Bloggers – focus on finding tech startup bloggers to join SSG.
- RFB: Request for blogs. Crowdsource ideas for member blogs.
- Create a mobile app for SSG users (not slack ) ?
- Create a SSG social network site on top of present website – http://startupstudygroup.com ?
- Create visual analytics about subject matters and topics reheated to start ups
- Promoting, rallying around members’ launches.
- ad space on ssg daily and startupstudygroup.com.