join our growing grassroots community of founders, investors, and advisors to www.startupstudygroup.com/slack
contact: charles jo 650.906.2600 – twitter @charlesjo
- very good community development — see achievements section below.
- member blogs March 13, 2015 was 3.
- contributions to editing — n/a; (members always invited to edit)
- M&A contact made
- Founder Institute connections being explored for Nima’s Brazil and Canada projects.
- 188 members; 139 on Slack
- Blogs today my members? 3
- other metrics?
- Goal: 1000 members by June 2015; be the best startup community, period. 8 blogs/day means 1 blog to read every hour at work.
- see #metrics channel on Slack.
- rally support around
ideas to consider
- ad space on ssg daily and startupstudygroup.com.
- Fantasy Founders Game
- value of blogging; fantasy founders game for blogging founders vs. nah. – started 3/12/15. Terrence YC vs Charles (draft founders who blog: picks Adam, Darryl, Jonas, Chris, Shane)
member blogs today- highlight blogs from ssg members; please read, engage, tweet…
- What the hell is happening? by Jonas Daniels
- Startup CTO equity by Scott McGregor
- On Integrity and Buckets by Charles Jo
previous member blogs –
- Highlights Are a Big Deal by Sergio Romo @sromo16
- Tumblr Blog by Terrence Yang
- How to prevent your co-founder from stealing your company by Josh Maher
- Friday rant by Charles Jo – technically a half free-style tweetstrorm
- Misnomers about Angel Investing by Josh Maher
- Think before Disrupting by Alan Daniel
- Some Thoughts on Meerkats by Tom Maxwell
- 10 Things Startups and Local Bands Should Avoid Screwing Up On – by Adam Marx
- Bootstrapping by Charles Jo
interesting notes from SSG Slack & elsewhere (books, etc.) See #books section on Slack.
member tweetstorms, rebuttstorms (hi @pmarca), upcoming speaking engagements, events (pix or it didn’t happen!), quora Q&A
icymi (best of Mattermark, @sama, etc.)
- Hunter Walk’s notes on Meerkat vs. Twitter.
- ssg labs – started 3/4/15
- explore ideas within group
- edition times – 9:30pm PST (initially 3/4/15)
- create easier invite and onboarding than www.startupstudygroup.com/slack (initially 3/4/15)
← WeAreLATech is using a TypeForm page to onboard to their slack channel. See: wearelatech.com/vip
- 10 minutes to process…
- better format for website, more content/context
- save also as pdf editions – done
- theme song to newsletter by one of Adam Marx’s @adammarx13 awesome bands; maybe cycle thru his bands?
- invite more tech/startup bloggers
- automate this newsletter (by @costrike)
- virtual pitches in future. Google Hangouts -> Yahoo stream. 40 minutes Total next time.
- Bloggers – focus on finding tech startup bloggers to join SSG.
- RFB: Request for blogs. Crowdsource ideas for member blogs.
- Create a mobile app for SSG users (not slack ) ?
- Create a SSG social network site on top of present website – http://startupstudygroup.com ?
- Create visual analytics about subject matters and topics reheated to start ups
- Promoting, rallying around members’ launches.
StartupStudyGroup mailing list