ssg daily yo! march 6, 2015 http://bit.ly/ssg-daily
- member bloggers yesterday — we got 7 published which is record so far – PDF may have said 5 which was a typo.
- contributions to editing — Nick, Daniel
- 152 members; 108 on Slack
- Goal: 1000 members by June 2015; be the best startup community, period. 8 blogs/day means 1 blog to read every hour at work.
- Blogs today? 4 so far, maybe 5th by me but 4 more total to beat yesterday.
ideas to consider
- automate this newsletter (by @costrike)
member blogs – highlight blogs from ssg members; please read, engage, tweet…
- Here’s What Your Investor Update Should Look Like by Terrence Yang – https://medium.com/@yangterrence/investor-updates-you-re-doing-it-wrong-if-you-re-doing-it-at-all-4c522c48e9d2
- Move Over Text Search, Brands Need Image Search by Douglas Crets https://medium.com/@douglascrets/if-there-is-a-next-step-in-social-analytics-software-it-would-be-the-move-from-searching-8e2d7370ddfe
- Early Employees Are Investors by Sergio Romo https://medium.com/@romo/e8498821bcda
- Build a Tribe Worth Building by Charles Jo https://medium.com/@charlesjo/building-a-tribe-worth-building-96d6480bcfbd
- Unger Parsingby by Darryl McAdams – http://languagengine.co/blog/unger-parsing/
- Article comparing Product Hunt to Gartner
member tweetstorms, rebuttstorms (hi @pmarca), upcoming speaking engagements, events (pix or it didn’t happen!), quora Q&A
icymi (best of Mattermark, @sama, etc.)
- ssg labs – started 3/4/15
- explore ideas within group
- edition times – 9:30pm PST (initially 3/4/15)
- create easier invite and onboarding than www.startupstudygroup.com/slack (initially 3/4/15)
← WeAreLATech is using a TypeForm page to onboard to their slack channel. See: wearelatech.com/vip
- 10 minutes to process…
- better format for website, more content/context
- save also as pdf editions
- theme song to newsletter by one of Adam Marx’s @adammarx13 awesome bands; maybe cycle thru his bands?
- invite more tech/startup bloggers