ssg daily yo! march 8, 2015 http://bit.ly/ssg-daily
- member bloggers yesterday — 5.
- contributions to editing — n/a
- virtual pitch today. Meerkat is not as good as google hangouts. Intro to SSG, followed by pitches from Ash, Kela, Roland. 40 minutes Total next time.
- 162 members; 111 on Slack
- Goal: 1000 members by June 2015; be the best startup community, period. 8 blogs/day means 1 blog to read every hour at work.
- Blogs today?
ideas to consider
member blogs – highlight blogs from ssg members; please read, engage, tweet…
- the death of newspapers by Sol Weinreich https://medium.com/@SolfromBrooklyn/newspapers-rip-58fe378d0e18
interesting notes from SSG Slack & elsewhere
- RonCo says YC is Harvard of accelerators.
member tweetstorms, rebuttstorms (hi @pmarca), upcoming speaking engagements, events (pix or it didn’t happen!), quora Q&A
icymi (best of Mattermark, @sama, etc.)
- ssg labs – started 3/4/15
- explore ideas within group
- edition times – 9:30pm PST (initially 3/4/15)
- create easier invite and onboarding than www.startupstudygroup.com/slack (initially 3/4/15)
← WeAreLATech is using a TypeForm page to onboard to their slack channel. See: wearelatech.com/vip
- 10 minutes to process…
- better format for website, more content/context
- save also as pdf editions – done
- theme song to newsletter by one of Adam Marx’s @adammarx13 awesome bands; maybe cycle thru his bands?
- invite more tech/startup bloggers
- automate this newsletter (by @costrike)