join our growing grassroots community of founders, investors, and advisors to www.startupstudygroup.com/slack
- Great intros on SSG slack.
- Need to note some of the interesting topics here.
- Exclusive member-only notices will not be published on SSG daily here but by Slack and/or email.
- member blogs March 12, 2015 was 5.
- contributions to editing — n/a; (members always invited to edit)
- 183 members; 136 on Slack
- Blogs today my members? 3 today so far!!!
- other metrics?
- Goal: 1000 members by June 2015; be the best startup community, period. 8 blogs/day means 1 blog to read every hour at work.
- see #metrics channel on Slack.
- rally around Ingrid’s STEM project (twitter @ingridium)
- Finkip – a new way to read blogs. Please review.
ideas to consider
- Promoting, rallying around members’ launches.
- Gamificaton: value of blogging; fantasy founders game for blogging founders vs. nah. – started 3/12/15. Terrence YC vs Charles (draft founders who blog: picks Adam, Darryl, Jonas)
member blogs today- highlight blogs from ssg members; please read, engage, tweet…
- Highlights Are a Big Deal by Sergio Romo @sromo16
- Tumblr Blog by Terrence Yang
- Friday rant by Charles Jo – technically a half free-style tweetstrorm
yesterday’s member blogs –
- Misnomers about Angel Investing by Josh Maher
- Think before Disrupting by Alan Daniel
- Some Thoughts on Meerkats by Tom Maxwell
- 10 Things Startups and Local Bands Should Avoid Screwing Up On – by Adam Marx
- Bootstrapping by Charles Jo
interesting notes from SSG Slack & elsewhere
member tweetstorms, rebuttstorms (hi @pmarca), upcoming speaking engagements, events (pix or it didn’t happen!), quora Q&A
icymi (best of Mattermark, @sama, etc.)
- ssg labs – started 3/4/15
- explore ideas within group
- edition times – 9:30pm PST (initially 3/4/15)
- create easier invite and onboarding than www.startupstudygroup.com/slack (initially 3/4/15)
← WeAreLATech is using a TypeForm page to onboard to their slack channel. See: wearelatech.com/vip
- 10 minutes to process…
- better format for website, more content/context
- save also as pdf editions – done
- theme song to newsletter by one of Adam Marx’s @adammarx13 awesome bands; maybe cycle thru his bands?
- invite more tech/startup bloggers
- automate this newsletter (by @costrike)
- virtual pitches in future. Google Hangouts -> Yahoo stream. 40 minutes Total next time.
- Bloggers – focus on finding tech startup bloggers to join SSG.
- RFB: Request for blogs. Crowdsource ideas for member blogs.
- Create a mobile app for SSG users (not slack ) ?
- Create a SSG social network site on top of present website – http://startupstudygroup.com ?
- Create visual analytics about subject matters and topics reheated to start ups